Jay Campbell, a reader of this blog, sent me a wonderful little movie that he filmed on Super 8 film in the first six months of 1975. It was his first attempt at filming with a movie camera and it lasts 1 minute and 45 seconds but you should be able to spot the following:
- The outside of Woodfield Mall with its major tenants of the time: J C Penney’s, Marshall Field’s, and Sears. Notice that Lord & Taylor was not yet a tenant.
- A quick 2 seconds at a corner by one of the office buildings around Woodfield Drive.
- Westbound on Higgins Rd between Plum Grove Rd & Roselle Rd.
- Schaumburg Lanes under construction.
- Hoffman Lanes outside the Golf-Rose shopping center and includes the Thunderbird Theater and Service Merchandise.
- A view that starts north-east (Ace Maytag) and then pans north towards the Franklin-Weber Pontiac sign and Village in the Park.
- Lion Photo parking lot.
Maybe you see something we haven’t? Let us know!
Local History Librarian
Schaumburg Township District Library